100,000 Jobs Mission Doubles Its Commitment to Hire Veterans
New JobsMission.com website will help companies hire 200,000 veterans by 2020
Building on its early momentum, the 100,000 Jobs Mission announced today a new commitment: hire 100,000 more U.S. military veterans. In total, participating companies plan to hire a total of 200,000 by 2020.
“There is no other group that deserves our support more than our veterans,” said Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, a founding member of the 100,000 Jobs Mission. He added, “Three years ago, 11 companies launched the 100,000 Jobs Mission to create opportunities for veterans. We’ve hired more than 92,000 vets already and we’re not stopping now. Instead, we pledge to hire 100,000 more.”
Executives from the 100,000 Jobs Mission companies talked with Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel last week about how the public and private sectors can collaborate to help returning servicemembers transition to – and succeed in – civilian jobs.
Mike Haynie, Executive Director of IVMF
New website connects vets, employers
The coalition today unveiled its new website -- JobsMission.com -- to give veterans a single site to connect with 123 companies that are committed to hiring them.
The website incorporates best practices from Syracuse University’s Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF).
“With 1 million servicemembers transitioning out of the military in the next few years, the 100,000 Jobs Mission will play a critical role,” said Mike Haynie, Executive Director of IVMF. “We know JobsMission.com will be essential in helping so many qualified men and women connect with companies committed to hiring them.”
The website will help veterans:
- View profiles of the 100,000 Jobs Mission companies to supplement their job search
- Opt-in to the Veteran Talent Exchange, which shares veterans’ information with Mission employers
- Receive job announcements from Mission companies as well as tips and tools to optimize their job search through the Veteran Talent Exchange
- Access tips and resources on how to compete effectively in today’s job market
The website will help employers:
- Learn how to join the 100,000 Jobs Mission and become a recognized member of a best-in-class organization
- Access a suite of veteran hiring best practices and training documents, including “Military 101”
- Manage the sharing and referral of veteran candidates through the Veteran Talent Exchange
- Exchange insights and knowledge with other 100,000 Jobs Mission employers
The 100,000 Jobs Mission began in 2011 with a coalition of companies with a goal of hiring 100,000 veterans. It continues with the goal of hiring 100,000 more. The coalition has grown to 123 companies that represent almost every industry in the American economy. Together, they have hired 92,869 veterans through the third quarter of 2013. For more information, visit JobsMission.com.
Shannon O'Reilly, Shannon.Oreilly@jpmorganchase.com